Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire and A TAG!

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own. 2. Tag eight other un-tagged people. (I TAG ANYONE WHO READS THIS)

What is your current obsession? Spring, working out, omelet sandwiches
Do you use canvas or plastic bags when you go shopping?
Neither..I just carry the stuff if/whenever I can.
Do you nap a lot? Not at all!
Who was the last person you hugged? Mohammed, and that was, 2 days ago.
What’s for dinner? I have no idea!
What was the last thing you bought? A floral skirt and a matching top. And movie tickets!
What are you listening to right now? youtube, playing the slumdog millionaire soundtrack
What is your favorite weather? sunny, with a slight breeze
What’s on your bedside table? Books and my phone (for alarm purposes)
Say something to the person/s who tagged you. Michelle from Oh, Mishka :) You have such a pretty blog and I didn't even know you read mine!
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? Zamalek, Cairo,Egypt. Or in Alexandria, Egypt. And definitely France or Greece or Italy lol I couldn't decide on JUST ONE!
Favorite vacation spot? I would certainly enjoy anywhere if I am determined to. But I love a serene sort of getaway.
Name the things you can’t live without. my loved ones, Cairo, Coffee, optimism and internet
What would you like to have in your hands right now? a better job's contract, and an engagement ring.
What is your favorite tea flavor? Assam and Moroccan mint!
What would you like to get rid of? Flab! LOL and my temper problems
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Rhodes probably..
What did you want to become as a child? A genetic engineer.
What do you like better, e-mail or telephone calls? It depends on the situation, but I think phone calls.
What is your favorite sport to play? I wish I played Handball, I only go to the gym for sports!
W
hat was your favorite concert you attended? Mohammed Mounir, because it was the weirdest, it was like a cultural shock to me. I enjoy my boyfriend's concerts, too! I always feel so proud of him :)
What is your favorite flower? A dark red rose, and the tiny little flowers that grow in the grass!




Yesterday, we watched Slumdog Millionaire, how amazing is that movie? It was very touching and hit me as true, thing is we have very similar slums here in Egypt, and no one ever does anything about them. We also have the same violence (police station) and the begging.. so, yeah, the movie hit me and it moved the little voice within me that nags "this has to change". I am also in love with Frienda Pinto's simplicity, I have that kind of skin color, yellowish tan and I love this; the music was pretty!..anyway, I couldn't believe that Dev Patel is only 19! (the kids were also incredibley cute!) Can you tell I loved the movie?

 



isn't he the cutest little kid? here

5 comments:

Joyti said...

What great answers...good luck on accomplishing your goals :)
Have you read the book Q&A, the one that Slumdog Millionarie is based on? The names, etc, are different...and I think that it is a great book.

constance said...

oh slumdog millionaire! i watched a couple of weeks ago and i quite liked it although i was a bit depressed after the ending. I know it was supposed to be a feeling-good movie but watching all those little children living like this was kinda painful..

alissa said...

that is such a beautiful movie! i love the music too - very well done

Tara said...

Ahh Slumdog Millionaire was AMAZING! Best movie I've seen all year.

William Street Store said...

fabulous answers!!
I loved slumdog millionaire, the little kids are especially cute!! xx