Sunday, March 22, 2009

Did I hear "Spring"?

I can't believe it's Spring! I just can't..
Today I listened to Yellow as I drove to work, that song makes me happy;

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you
And all the things you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along, I wrote a song for you
And everything you do
And it was called yellow


 I saw a white seventies van parked under a blooming tree, and it was all surrounded by pink and red flowers. Very new and vibriant.. I can't get that image out of my mind, I, at that moment, had wished I had my camera.

Yesterday, I did some catching up with my very good (very old) friend Hayek! And he got me great coffee, and showed my Heliopolis on GPS!

So, speaking of Spring, I want to show you a beautiful place: Wadi El Rayan, in Fayoum, Egypt (my family is originally from Fayoum!) 

Wady El Rayan 4 by ~MoGy86 on deviantART

Wady El Rayan 5 by ~MoGy86 on deviantART

Wady El Rayan by ~MoGy86 on deviantART

Mogi is a friend as well! I got to know him through AIESEC, he was actually the first friend I make in AIESEC, in 2005, please check the rest of his pictures, they're pretty!

Now this is going to be a bit corny..but it's just that whenever I read it, I feel..oh so happy! This is something Mohammed wrote for me while I was away;



She's in my mind sipping her coffee
Her scent captures my senses
and I sink
into thoughts of her doing all the things
that make her happy
I sink again
She's sitting silently
perhaps in a starbucks nearby
Reading a book
probably one of the hundreds she always buys
I smile
I never realized how beautiful she looks when she reads
or drinks her coffee
she smiles at me
I kiss her on the forehead
yes I’m right there
exactly where I want to be
looking at the face that shines only for me
I begin to believe
she's not far away
for I’m right there
sinking in my head
thinking of her
knowing she's across the red sea
thinking of me
drawing that mind-blowing smile of hers
on her caramel-colored face
and I sink, into the big picture of us
such a large unknown space

December 15th 2008
Oh oh and last but not least! There is a giveaway at Her Library Adventures! Go check it (and there might be a chance for you to win one of her pretty, pretty artwork!)

11 comments:

Annisa NF said...

thanks for visiting mine dear ;)
your is lovely and yeah, you have wonderful pics!

xo:)

AliceSeagull said...

Yeeees, spring is here! I always listen Yellow when i drive somewhere - i can hear it at home, i don't know why!
I like those pics!

Cait said...

The wadi is beautiful! And so is the poem written for you. How sweet!

jules said...

that poem is beautiful, and that last picture is so pretty.

S.Elisabeth said...

thank you so much! your comment made my day =)
and i've never heard the song Yellow before, but now I'm going to go check it out, because those lyrics are so lovely.

Ania said...

thanks for the comment, I really like your blog - planning on reading through the archive when I'll have more time ;)
btw, Yellow is one of my very favourite songs :)

Joyti said...

Awww, how sweet (the poem). The photographs are quite lovely...

Sophia said...

I LOVE SPRING. i'm so psyched :) :) :)

That poem is lovely!

Light and Writing said...

Yes love the picture and the poem is lovely! So happy you came to visit me! I loved your scribble link too, one the cutest things!

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

what beautiful shots! lovely poem, how kind!

Cait said...

Thanks! I like them too =)