Monday, March 16, 2009

Egyptian Women's Day

In an attempt to appreciate women, today is the "Egyptian Woman"'s very own day. So let's pretend we don't get harrassed on the streets, or while driving..let's ignore all the demeaning comments we get from low and middle class men. Let's pretend, for a day, that we are appreciated.
On harassment

 
 
I am not one who is known to be cynical, nor am I of the pessimistic type; I am, on the contrary, very optimistic...but when it comes to women..Egyptian women and their rights...this has to end.

I found a pretty blog!

I am currently trying to put off the most tedious of all tasks, updating..or rather creating the online circulation list (work)..the list is an 86-page one. So it's basically huge...and it is so boring doing it! Very!

I have been thinking of totally changing my career..Apart from the recession..or rather as a way around it; the Egyptian Council of Ministers is offering a train the trainers course.You get paid 2000 LE a month for while taking the course (2 months) and then you get to be a certified trainer and your pay basically doubles (At least). Now, it is not about the moneym but rather the sense of accomplishment I would get. I think it is such a fulfilling career..I know economics is what I have studied..but then..uh! I don't know.
 
When I pronounce the word Future,
the first syllable already belongs to the past. When I pronounce the word Silence,
I destroy it. When I pronounce the word Nothing,
I make something no non-being can hold.
Wislawa Szymborska - Poetry: The Three Oddest
Words
Also, from the same website.

 
  
I made these using wigflip!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

hello :) thank you ever so much for your lovely comment on my blog!! arent little brothers drawings the most wonderful thing in the world??? my little brother is a very similar age to yurs!! he is six :)

i am glad you are campaining to get better rights for women. its certainly something i feel strongly about, however is not a huge issue in england. i hope change starts to happen soon for you!!

the three words part is so interesting!!! it really made me think and smile :)

take care
x

William Street Store said...

It is horrible Egyptian women get harassed.
Well done for being strong and fighting back!! Things definitely need to change.
You are an inspiration xx

k-pax said...

I'm glad you found my blog because it led me to your blog.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Does this mean the men get 364?