Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weather and Economics

For Kristin:

Florida, even Cairo is a bit (Relatively) chilly now! will you do that please? You can keep the sun, because it's sunny in Cairo (mostly) so please for Kristin's sake (and mine!) stop being so warm!

It was a full moon last night, and yesterday, the clouds were very cotton-candy like. And they were so close I could touch them! In fact, I have touched clouds before, when my grand father took us to Switzerland, my sister and I touched the clouds.

Of suns and skies.




A while ago, I argued with someone about applied rule and act utilitarianism. I don't know if you are familiar with the terms but rule utilitarianism is what John Stuart Mill believed in, that if it is not right, then nothing could justify it. whereas, act utilitarianism (Bentham) is basically "the purpose justifies the means", if it's for the general good then just do it.
When it comes to my values, I am strictly rule utilitarian...and it leaves me with one of two problems, either I can't please people I am supposed to please, or I go against my values...



The sun is out and the clouds are pretty, I am staying in because of a mood swing and TONS of studying to to, it turns out that the grad-school business is not easy after all! Very time consuming and demanding and...just challenging! I am not used to that...I am used to everything being feasible and relatively easy!
Help!

How is your Tuesday everyone?
PS I have tons of awards that I am saving up for one or 2 posts! yay?

13 comments:

yiqin; said...

Lovely photos! Congrats for your awards :)

boots said...

love the second photo- i want to be at sea

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Great post. Can you please send some sun over, well some warmth over?! That'll be nice. Thank you. I love cotton candy like clouds. Never seen them in Switzerland...I think. Hmmm...and I'm glad you've been to this place. ;)
Tuesday's been ok so far. Hope yours, even at home studying, is going to be fine!

Nitin said...

it rained her today and had been really cloudy the whole day. i was scared that i would get drenched on the way to work. but didn't :D. i love a vanilla sky or the sky when it has many cottony clouds in it. seems like you must had been in quite the mood today. to just sit down streach your feet and laze around. no could blame you if you did. and saving one award for two posts?? you are one resourceful lady. making most out of your awards eh?? hehe..

bananas. said...

you can't please everyone...and you shouldn't try. i think it's most important to please yourself as to not go against your values.

k there's my wise advice for the day :)

happy tuesday!

Caroline Cakewise said...

I'm glad you're back! And very envious of your sunshine right now-it is freezing cold and rainy here in England! xx

Wessam said...

lol! you can touch clouds?!

that is cool.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I think we share a problem then. Or rather, a view...

Feel free to send me some sunshine as well! Now it gets dark before 4 p.m. and it's only started.

Rhianne said...

touching clouds sounds perfect right now, the weather is miserable here in England (not much of a surprise really...)

Ju said...

Isn't it lovely to touch the clouds. When I first when to the high mountains, it felt magic. And today here in London we had a crazy sort of weather, fast clouds, then sun, then more pretty big clouds. So lovely to watch.

مى said...

Yay :)

The clouds ARE pretty. And about school, you'll make it. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine. Rise above the challenge ;)

Mandy said...

I'm working on grad school apps too. Good luck! (p.s. love the photos)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thank you pretty lady! I certainly hope my little state is swayed by your words. Hope you're having a fabulous week!