Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream [A week's compilation]

  • This is unbelievably cute 
  • And I just had to post this  
  • Coup de foudre: noun • /ku.də.ˈfu.drə/ • 1) a thunderbolt. 2) a sudden overwhelming feeling of love for somebody; love at first sight.  here
  •  Picture
  • Susan Boyle! This morning I found a link of her video on you tube (which my boyfriend had sent to me) and oh, the goosebumps.
What I find ironic or rather iconic(!) is the song she chose to perform and the fact that in the act of singing it she is actually pursuing her dream. At 47. A living proof that it is never too late.

Thursday April 31st:

 
I love the "through her eyes" series 

9 comments:

Sara said...

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love that wedding gown Sara.Just simple but so beautiful.
April 30, 2009 6:20 PM
Maria-Thérèse said...

You always find such cool links!

IF you want the post to have today's date - and this may be very old news to you - you can click Edit Post in blogger and I think it says "more options" down on the left. If you click there, the date and time can be changed.
April 30, 2009 6:53 PM

S.Elisabeth said...

haha i love lists =) and the name one & 30 things one were so funny!

alissa said...

that piece from i can read is so absolutely beautiful! great link :)

SHOKOOFEH said...

This Listography site is just so cool! thanks for sharing!

xo

Maria-Thérèse said...

Yep, in winter there's only about 4-5 hours of light every day where I live. Even worse further north. It's a difficult time at the end of the year. And in the summer - the light is marvellous in a way but you can't sleep! Gah! Almost impossible to shut the light out when you have many windows, and your brain thinks it's day :-D

Thanks for linking to afiori!!! <3

mieletcannelle said...

You're too cute.
Susan Boyle (and all the hubub) makes me chuckle. The whole "shock" that surrounds her says so much about us as a people - we don't believe beautiful things can come from aesthetically displeasing people. And when it does, we pat ourselves on the back. Too funny. I agree so much.. she's following a dream. Kudos.

in company with sparkles said...

Yay! I've never actually had sushi much before, but I want to try it and my best friend loves it so we're going to go get it together! Have fun on your sushi date =)
I Dreamed a Dream is my favourite song ever, from my favourite musical! I was amazed when Susan Boyle did it. Such an inspiration isn't she?

Maria-Thérèse said...

you got an award! yay!

REread said...

love the love at first sight word ... will have to use that somewhere soon !!!