Thank you for coping with my constant whining lately. And thank you for tenderly pointing it out to me yesterday- subtly, gently and eloquently. You are the best.
Yes, dear blogosphere, I have been unbearable. Reflecting on my life as per the last 2-3 weeks, I have been such a whiner!!!
Allow me to explain (my sources of complains):
- My job: as you may all know, I hate my job. And I am not doing anything about it. Nothing! There is a conference coming up (in November) and a couple of workshops and if I decide to quit afterwards, it would look good on my CV.
- My body: I love working out, I really do (or at least I am doing a good job at making myself think so!) but I haven't been going to the gym because I am in a cocoon-like state and I just don't want to interact with people/trainers. See? How silly can I get, really? I need to get over myself and act like the almost 22 year old that I am.
- My Beauty Routine: Where do I start? My hair needs a layer touch-up, I haven't had a manicure in SO long and I haven't had my eyebrows threaded in maybe even longer. I am ashamed to say I haven't been to the hairdresser's in MONTHS. Dreadful, if you ask me! I need a facial. Right now my hair is up in a bun, what used to be bangs, is braided and not a single drop of make up applied.
- My darling new Camera: I don't even know where it is.
- My boyfriend: I haven't been to any of his concerts in SO long. And I feel like such a bad girlfriend. I haven't been paying attention to him and his needs, and I am not pampering him now that he has exams coming up. Bad girl, Sara.
- My life: Has lost it's dimensions. Sort of. I haven't been reading as much. Even that! How could I let this happen to me (Oh my God, I am whining again...)
I interrupt the flow of this post to make an announcement!!
Dr. Khalid Sekkat, the research director at the ERF (where I work) has just asked me to go to his office (I just got back) to "get to know eachother personally and not just professionally" we talked about research and my economic background and so on. I told him I came here to do research (which I am not) and he said he believed I am not being optimally utilized (how more economic can his vocabulary get) He's such a lovely person. He is. And I am so happy right now. I came from his office to my desk LITERALLY SKIPPING!
I love you all.
I LOVE YOU!