Friday, February 26, 2010

My week

So after the fill in the blanks come my ramblings.

Well, working for the government haven't been all that nice, it's been to weeks and we haven't been allocated yet, our induction should have ended this week but they're extending it for another week. I don't know if I want this honestly.

I have no time to study...or I am finding hard to adjust.
I am missing the Queen Rania event because of a job I haven't even started yet.

Yesterday it rained, and hailed and it was insane!! You see, the streets of Cairo weren't made for rain like that...so you could guess the amount of rain on the streets..poor favourite cafe's roof was dripping all over us. Thunder and lightening were surreal!

roof

street...

It was my first hail to witness and it was so much fun!! But trying to get back in the car without wetting my shoes and jeans wasn't- not the least bit! My mum got stuck in traffic for maybe 5 hours? Poor mummy, it was her birthday...
I wished I had enough credit to text Liz and tell her all about it..

Hello, perfect photo! here


How was everyone's week?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures were amazing : ) Adventures in a new place, whether good or bad, are always enlightening : )

Anonymous said...

i had a really lousy week, but am enjoying the weekend at home with my kids.

Anonymous said...

Five hours of traffic!? YUCK!!!!

And pity about your job....I hate when employers mess you around....it's happening more and more these days with the whole recession thing!

منة said...

fluka fi salah salem,
that was fun :)

Nicomi Nix Turner said...

Love that nail polish :)

M. said...

I like it !
Beautiful pictures : )

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you have to miss that event because of work, that is so tough.

and i LOVE rain and thunder. we get som pretty intense thunder/lightening storms here in utah. so beautiful. i hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear.

Claudine said...

Don't worry, things will get better. Everyone has one of those days/weeks from time to time.

Sab said...

Oh cheer up!
Things will get better love :)

My first memory of hail was when I was four and it was hailing the size of golf balls.
It was INSANE D:

S.Elisabeth said...

Oh that's such a bummer about the Queen Rania event, and I'm so sorry your future job isn't as nice as you'd hoped. But maybe it'll turn around!

The Lewicutt's said...

WOW!! That picture of the rain on the streets is crazy! You need rain boots!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe the rain coming down the cafe roof. My first thought seeing that picture was "oh my gosh. I've been there! It shouldn't be like that!!"
Bummer that your mum was stuck in traffic for so long on her birthday! Tell her happy belated birthday for me.
The picture of the street flooding is mad as well.

I miss you, miss. Really. <3

Cait said...

We had a crazy rain in Dubai too! Insane.

Anonymous said...

with nails like that you cud show works whos boss