Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dear February Women

This is dedicated to three of the most special women in my life...
In chronological order;
My mother (born on the 25th of February)
My best friend (24th)
My sister. (21st)

Dear Salma,

I don't know how it was like before you were born, I have no idea what we have in common, but I know we have a life in common- regardless of what we do and preach and practice. We could be reflections of the same identity maybe? But..happy 21st. Thank you for being born early enough for us to be able to gang up against anyone! Ha!


Dear Menna,

We go through shit. And we make it through. Thank you for being you. And for stepping into 22 soon enough to keep me company!I don't think I can think of enough words, so I thought this should do.


Dear Mummy,

Happy **th birthday! tehe! Sometimes I am thankful for a young mother...even though sometimes it's not such a good thing that you can text (long, long texts), facebook message, email and all those things most mothers aren't really into. Oh and thank you for giving birth to the best sisters and brothers in the world. And for being proud of me. You are a good mother. EEEEK I can't believe I just said that.

Love to you all,
Sara

PS The photo is dedicated to all three of you. Love you!

20 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

What a good friend and daughter - happy birthday to all your important female companions!

Brittany said...

so sweet.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

aww, how sweet! Happy Birthday to the women in your life!! ♥

منة said...

That's could be counted as the most thoughtful birthday present i ever got.
I love you more than I can tell.

Barry said...

Sara, if I had a daughter I'd be so proud if she turned out like you. You're so sweet to your friends and family. ♥

I'll be celebrating along with your mom, because we were born on the same day. You have me wondering now if we're the same age (I'll be 45).

Dinah. said...

♥♥

Mohammed J. said...

i am proud of you for writing this

Gracie said...

That's really sweet, taking the time to write to those 3 important women in your life. I should do things like that more often I think. xx

Unknown said...

I am staring open mouthed in awe... I am proud of you .

Anonymous said...

Awh Sara, this is such a beautiful idea!

Farah said...

Aww Sara that is so sweet! xoxo

Ju said...

That is so lovely Sara. Of course, as a mother myself, I felt touched that a daughter could write such words to her mum. Pass the Kleenex.

teenbata20 said...

i am proud of you for writing this

Barry said...

Sara, PLEASE wish your mother a Happy Birthday for me!

If she's anything like her daughter I'm sure she's a beautiful person. :)

defining amy said...

i love how genuine you are.

my boyfriend is currently in cairo and loving it. i just might have to come visit sometime. take care!!

The Childlike Empress said...

hehe...my mum is the same, she is always the first person to comment on anything i do on facebook, it's so embarrassing, but then again i wouldnt have it any other way!

Barry said...

Sara, thanks so much for your birthday wishes! ♥

julialow said...

This is so lovely and sweet, Sara. <3

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to the most beautiful and special women in your life.

atrisha puteri said...

Wonderful greetings to those special women in your life. Keep up to good work!