Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quarter Life Crisis?

A post by Gala at iCiNG today made me think things through. Is this what I am going through? Isn't it too early for me to actually go through a quarterlife crisis?
Is this why I am all depressed (and gaining weight because of it) and bored?

Maybe it is the waving-goodbye to all things familiar and the beginning of an entirely new phase of my life. As people in AIESEC call it: Taking responsibility! Instead of an income consumer I am now supposed to be an income generator, except that, for now, I am nothing but a financial burden- on my parents that is. (or that's what I like to call myself)
Instead of elementary, basic, educational learning, I am approaching a new type of learning...know-how.

But, no, I refuse to call any phase of my life a crisis, only then will I be self-forcing such a mindset: I am going through a crisis. In fact, life is a gift and you have no right whatsover label any phase "a crisis".
 
I love E.E.Cummings.
I especially like the last two lines.

No comments: