Since it's Ramadan, I thought that I(we) might as well be good to people and to ourselves. And so for the next 30 days I am going to randomly do kind things to people. Join me.
While giving out clothes and food, smile.
As you look yourself in the mirror, smile.
Starting up your car, smile.
Stuck in the crazy Cairo traffic, smile.
Randomly help out a stranger. An old lady crossing the street. A short person standing in line behind you...
Be kind. Randomly.
Here's a list (Also thanks to ZenHabits)
Make someone happy today!
- Help them carry something.
- Send a thank-you email.
- Call just to see how they’re doing.
- Pick them flowers.
- Cook them a nice meal.
- Tell a joke and laugh your butts off.
- Write a love letter to a loved one.
- Give them a cherished book.
- Bake cookies.
- Praise them publicly.
- Thank them for a job well done.
- Be there when they’re in need.
- Give a free hug.
- Spend time with them, having fun.
- Do errands or chores for them.
- Say I love you.
- Help them get ahead.
- Be proud of them.
- Babysit if they need it.
- House sit if they need it.
- Buy them movie tickets.
- Create a care package.
- Coffee. Mmmm.
- List the things you love about them.
- Secretly leave them thank you notes.
- Give a back rub when appropriate.
- Deliver a nice lunch to them when they’re having a rough day.
- Love them, completely.
- Be happy yourself.
Day #1: Try to minimize the use of curse words. Thank everyone.
Comment with ideas. and join me!