Monday, July 21, 2008

Twentieth

I have one more twentieth of the month, one more while I am still twenty.
On the twenty-sixth of next month, I am turning twenty-one!
So, from the 21st of September, I am going to celebrate every 21st of each month in some special way. Life is too short to not celebrate.
Yesterday, I went book shopping and I bought five more titles to grace my book collection:
  1. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Truman Capote
  2. Long Walk to Freedom; Nelson Mandela's autobiography.
  3. Love in the Present Times, Catherine Ryan Hyde (who also wrote Pay it Forward!)
  4. Om Yoga Today, Cyndi Lee
  5. Pilates Body Training
Well, I am currently away from home as you might know (that is if anyone reads this to begin with) so, even though I had planned on taking up yoga and Tai Chi this summer, I am, so far, unable to do that at a professional place i.e. the Dojo or somewhere similar.
Currently, the only sports I do are crunches and a little bit of stretches, also shopping and browsing the WWW! So, I am obviously planning on doing more.

Now, I have always been a fan of cooking, yet I won't claim myself a culinary master...I cooked today though, made some fried rice and I am still trying to figure out how to make Filipino Purple Cake. Here's how to make mixed fried rice!
  • Prepare rice and cook: wash 1 cup of rice, and cook with an equal measure of water on LOW, VERY LOW HEAT.
  • Fry an egg, set aside
  • in a frying pan (a large one) cook spring onions and garlic in oil, then add carrots (I personally add frozen mixed vegetables),then lemon grass then add shrimps, squids and cubes of chicken breast and a cube of stock and the fried egg. cover. Until everything is cooked.
  • Add rice to the fried mix and mix, mix mix.
  • Voila!
Ok, so here's the deal, you can ignore adding the lemon grass, or use onions instead of spring onions, or use only shrimps, or only chicken... you can use canned chicken instead of chicken breasts... you know, be creative!

No comments: