Thursday, July 3, 2008

Recap

The past two months have been, in a way hectic; exams, graduation research...etc.
My graduation research was about how banks could use risk management techniques to ensure profitable and successful provision of microfinance. i.e finance for the poor.
And *drum roll*
we got an A+
I'm so proud of us, we worked so hard, and it was certainly worth it. I finally made my parents proud, I finally proved it to myself, and to them that I haven't lost my brains. I still am smart. I still am intellectual. Yay!
Saudi Arabia, specifically Jeddah, is as usual eating out my summer, but this year we're more laid back, more relaxed. It's not stressful as always.
I miss Mohammed so much though...a huge part of me feels like I would and should rather be spending the summer with him, in Egypt. Yet, there's that other part of me that wants to be there for my dad and with my dad, he's going through a hard time, and I am being the good daughter.
Not that my dad is the venting type, which I have learned to be (venting saves you from hypertension) but he likes having his kids around.
Time is flying and I am undeniably approaching my officially adulthood. My 21st birthday is on the 26th of August. That in addition to the contemplative, retrospective mood KSA puts me in, I am thinking, I am thinking my life through.
And oh of what huge help has Zenhabits been.

No comments: