Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reason(s) To Smile


It's Eid today. And I had a draft saved, saying how I had lost the spirit and everything, but then it all changed.

I did wake up in an off mood, then I decided I would take my brother and sister out. And I did.
I drove to Zamalek and picked a friend up, went to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, I had my chai latte, and was HAPPY.

Then, remember how there was something I wasn't sure if I am to share yet? Well, the boy (man) joined us. (YES!! I met this amazing, amazing person!!) Even my best friend likes him! And as of today, my brother likes him, too.

We had sushi, then we went on a felouka (that's when my other sister and my cousin joined us). It was such a fun, fun day.

I am thankful for their presence in my life. Each person who was there today. I am thankful for my best friend's presence in my life. And my parents. I just feel thankful to have people who can cheer me up, people who can take me at my meanest, too. People who care.

On an entirely different note, I want this wedding. I say that a lot, but I really want this wedding!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Aw, I am happy for you! Goodness and positivity is radiating from this post. Congratulaitons on your new relationship, and your day sounded splendid. I love hearing your philosophical thoughts and I have truly missed them, I have been so out of touch with the blogging world. Enjoy life!!

Gracie said...

It's always good to be thankful for everything you have :) I hope this happiness stays!

Thanks for entering my giveaway ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day and yay you have a new boyfriend! :)

Farah said...

My dear girl, I am so happy that you are happy!! i'll be replying to your email soonish! ;)

xoxo

Winnie said...

Oh I'm so happy that you are so happy! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!