Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eid!


Today is the 27th day of Ramadan, a month that is a true blessing, at least that's how I feel about it.
Ramadan comes to an end either on Saturday or Sunday and then it's Eid!!

I love Eid!

Not because of the festivities, and the shopping and the gatherings. Not because of the lovely food and tons of cookies (kahk)..I just love eid..

It brings back so many memories of my childhood, and I just love waking up early in the morning to go pray with my cousins, and meet all the random people- it just puts me in a cheerful mood.

It's a long weekend! Friday, Saturday,Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off, heaven much?

 
here

Did you see this? Thank you Aya, for sharing! I think you've already read that on Diamond in the Rough but I should link!

Cait has brought to my attention that I have forgotten to mention in my last post that we are blessed. For we are. We are blessed with our souls. A soul that connects on so many different levels. Like a ray of light-that which forms the rainbow. A soul that can feel, even that who is not present. A soul that believes in beauty.
Thank you for reminding me, beautiful :)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun. i love things like this. you are such a happy person, a quality i envy!!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Yay!

I actually don't like long weekends at all but I'm happy for you :D

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Happy Eid! Hope it's a good one :)
I really really really want Kahk!!! I have no idea where to find some here! I'm craving it so bad.

Anna said...

hooray!
i love this post.
i love you!

Winnie said...

Happy Eid! The books picture makes me want to collect lots of books and make pretty bookmarks!

S.Elisabeth said...

Aw I love this post, so pretty =) And have you ever heard the song "Blessed"? It's an old one my Christina Aguileria, really beautiful.

Paulina said...

how wonderful!!!!! I love traditions that bring back feelings of childhood. A true blessing indeed! Enjoy the festivities!

Ju said...

I loved learning about Eid. There seem to be so much good vibes in the air over Cairo, I wish it was tangible.
I have given you an award by the waw, you truly deserve it.:)

Red Boots said...

Enjoy Eid! It sounds like you're going to have a fantastic time! Anything that brings out the child in you is always amazing! xx

Miss B said...

I've been here, dollface; I've been around. I just haven't had anything email-worthy to say recently, that's all.

But I am here, and right now I am blowing you kisses across the miles...

Farah said...

Happy Eid sweetheart! I know it might be a bit early for that but I hope you get it in time! ;)

Also I love that picture of the books that you posted up. Love those bookmarks! maybe I should try makign one! kekekeke

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Every time I peek in on my little man while he's sleeping I'm reminded of how blessed I am! Lovely post.

Sarah Alaoui said...

Eid Mubarak habibti! :)

Here I scribble said...

eid mubarak! enjoy :o)

Athena. said...

:)
We are so, so blessed.
Have a great weekend, beautiful.
x

Joyti said...

Happy Eid!
What beautiful thoughts you have, for a beautiful celebration :)

Eva said...

Beautiful picture of books.

Saskia said...

Happy Eid Sara! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for your lovely comment. We LOVED Egypt, Cairo was completely fabulous! The heat was just right and seeing the busy streets late at night full of people and lights was wonderful!

Wish I was there now...!

Saskia x

Anonymous said...

eid mubarak! we start back at work on wednesday next week. yay!

alissa said...

im so glad you shared more about this tradition - its so interesting!

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

It makes me wish I lived with you. I mean... not WITH you, with you... just, like, near you. You know, so I can have as much fun as you do.

Cait said...

Even though I'm not Muslim, I look forward to Eid too! I love visiting our friends during their holiday, and the fact that cafes are open again in the afternoon ;)

And thanks so much. You yourself are a blessing and an encouragement. Thanks for reminding us and me of that too!

love,
Cait
p.s. that picture of the books and velvet ribbon bookmarks might be my favourite thing ever.

Dani said...

i hope you have an absolutely beautiful long weekend filled with wonderful moments!!!

i adore every one of your posts.

http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

Fé... said...

Happy (belated) eid! :p
Wish you all the best!