Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuck at the Office

When I took that long weekend off from work, I would go to bed very late. My cousin and sister and I would stay in bed giggling like 12 year olds in a slumber party and it was so much fun. I feel so much younger lately and I don't know if that's a good thing.


During that long weekend I;
  • Went home at 6 am on one "night"
  • Tanned.
  • Spent time with family
  • Drove a total of 1000 km (how many miles is that?)
  • Felt tiny
  • Laughed out loud
  • Sincerely smiled
  • Found a generous bonus in my account!
And now I am at the office- proud of my tan line, my hair a shade lighter and I am missing my friends. My best friend left to this place yesterday, and the day before my(and my best friend's) ex from around 4 years ago left to Spain, I had been spending a lot of time with him so I am missing them both this weekend.
Yes, my best friend and I dated the same person; they got together less than a month after said ex and I broke up. It's a long, long story but I love them both to bits.
I can tell you about that some other time if you'd like to know.

It's the last day of the work week and I find myself wanting to go home and read. But that's only the realistic solution.

Ultimately(and far from realistically) I want to;
  • Be in Paris.
  • Go on a felouka ride along the Nile
  • Buy a whole new wardrobe
  • Lose 5 kilos
  • Get a great big hug
  • Be in Basata with my friends
  • Get extensions since I have no idea how I would look like with long hair
  • Bake cupcakes
  • Have weekend pancakes tomorrow with tons of maple syrup
How is everyone doing?

15 comments:

Erimentha said...

i love hearing about your life! it sounds busy and beautiful, hectic but fun. sad but full.

:) thanks!

Yasmine said...

I'm glad you loved your weekend!
and I believe you will find peace as long as you keep smiling inside :)

you're beautiful xx

7upkels said...

Gah. This makes me want to take a needed vacation. And I think it's good every now and then to forget being "grown up" and act little - I don't know of any better way of doing that than sleepovers with a sister. How perfect!

Selma said...

Who doesn't want to be in Paris?! And consider yourself hugged girl. We all deserve a great hug from time to time. I know I do. :)

xoxo

Lucia ♥ said...

You won't believe this but me and my friend also dated the same guy (who by the way was my best friend's brother) :D They started dating 2 months after me and him broke up and even though I thought it might all be strange cause all of us were friends, it actually was pretty much OK :) I'd love to hear your story on this ;)

And I can 100% relate to your "want to" list. I also wanna lose some kilograms, and I am in need of a big tight hug and even though I can't give you a real one, I hope this virtual one will help a little *hugs tight*

If you happen to do the hair extentions, don't forget to share photos with us ;)

<3

Caroline Cakewise said...

Sounds gorgeous!! And I love your wish list - very inspiring, as was your post about growing up. I adore your writing!! xx

Veronika said...

How's it going? So busy at work just counting the hours until the weekend but now that you've mentioned those pancakes I might just have to plan them in for this weekend :)

UnKown said...

Great your enjoying your weekend.. hope the office isnt that bad... Enjoy your weekend..

Winnie said...

Some of those are definitely do-able!

Re: I guess we both are very thankful for being bilingual! :)

Farah said...

awww....I wish I could give you a great big hug! *cyber HUG*

chicknamedhermia said...

I also want to buy a whole new wardrobe! *swoon*

And of course it's good that you feel younger....responsibilities and work can make us seem way older than our years, so if you've a chance to be carefree, grab it! :)

家唐銘 said...

美麗的事物是永恆的快樂,它的可愛日有增加,不會消逝而去................................................

tywo said...

your life is very interesting. I love reading about you. I also want to go to Paris someday.
I'm doing well. I'm glad you are well too.
All my love.





LOVE!

Menna Tarek said...

oh best friend,
Basata was incomplete without you.
I love you.

prinsesamusang said...

glad you enjoyed your off from work. i think it is very important to unwind. work can make you go crazy, right? LOL.

plus, i want to bake cupcakes too!