Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring and Other Things

Spring is finally here! The thought of it makes me happy. It was a happy weekend for me until last night when a slip of my tongue gave rise to a whole gossip cloud. And by gossip I mean seventh grade type of gossip and idiocy. All I have to say about this is that blackberry phones have only enriched and further supported Egypt's already strong and sound gossip network. Now, not only do all of the following provide you with gossip; your concierge (aka el bawab for us Egyptians), your hairdresser, your mani/pedi lady, the threading lady, the cook, the maid, the driver, add to the endless list; BBM! Perfect, right?

Anyway, that was a rant that kept me up all night. Almost. I just couldn't believe it. At twenty-two you should be over that kind of things. Let alone twenty-four!

But who can say what’s best? That’s why you need to grab whatever chance you have of happiness where you find it, and not worry about other people too much. My experience tells me that we get no more than two or three such chances in a lifetime, and if we let them go, we regret it for the rest of our lives. here
Sometimes, I feel like I need to write my own words, that I no longer relate to the already written ones and it makes me feel bad. It makes me feel lonely. It makes me feel like my existence will forever be an awkward one.
Someday, I will write my own.
Someday, it will all be okay.
Someday, it will work out.

Someday.

12 comments:

مى said...

Shotgun first comment!

Write. Write write write! Write, erase, and re-write. Trust me :)

Unknown said...

happy spring! the sunshine and new growth inspires me (even if it snowed again here, boo!). i hope you are inspired to trust the words you write as your own!

magnoliaamber said...

Yes yes yes and yes. Someday! And Someday can be tomorrow!

Have a nice day Sara!

Härnösands Konstförening said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Yes, write!

You have a maid? a cook? Is this why you'd rather be famous than rich? :D

About the gossip - just recently, someone about twice my age (50-55 or something) lied about me to someone I know, saying I had e-mailed her something (I have no idea what) and presented it as gossip to the person I actually know. So I don't think age has much to do with it. Unfortunately. You are either interested in gossip / lies or you have better things to do.

April said...

Write, even when you don't like it, it can always lead you to somewhere else. Spring is so inspirational!

Shaista said...

The song of Someday weaves a pattern through all our hearts, linking us together for all time. Sometimes it is hushed by gratitude and contentment, but mostly, it sings on :)
Navroze Mubarak today - it is Parsi/Zoroastrian New Year...

Anonymous said...

That sucks, Sara! Some ppl just never grow up...it's kinda pathetic! I'm sure it'll all blow over soon though!

Caroline Cakewise said...

Hope your gossip cloud gives way to the clear blue skies of springtime soon!! xx

Gracie said...

Hopefully with your spring weather it will encourage and inspire you to write your own words :)

Unknown said...

it will always work out in the end no matter what. Whatever happens, happens and it will all be fitted together like a puzzle :D


love your blog darl


-Michelle
http://lovely-bookie.blogspot.com

defining amy said...

you inspire me. i love that quote.