Thank you all for your lovely comments. I need you to understand that I am such a daddy's girl so it was hard. It is all good now, though.
So I was thinking a while ago. I happen to do that, a lot. Mostly in the bathroom. Or while driving.
I was thinking of the person I would have liked to be,
- I wish I could have my favorite quote tattooed on me.
- I wish I had narrower hips.
- I wish I had clearer skin.
- I wish I was less of a troublesome person, I really wish my parents would believe that I am a responsible person.
- I wish I was more punctual.
- I wish I worked with the same people I work with now, only at a better place, because we all deserve better working conditions.
- I wish I could take time off and go backpacking around Europe.
- I wish my parents would let me do that.
- I wish I would stop procrastinating. Because it's about time that I do.
- I wish I had the words to explain things that I can't explain.
- I wish I can see my grandfather again, because I have so much to tell him. SO MUCH!!
But then, I think again, I think again and I am thankful for all the things I am not.
- I can't have a tattoo because my faith doesn't allow it. And I am thankful I have enough faith to not get a tattoo
- My hips are awesome. They are. I have curves, like any other North African woman.
- My skin is well, my skin is okay.
- My parents think I am irresponsible because they love me and I am their eldest and I sometimes act like a 16 year old. And they have to tell me off. And it's humbling. It's a reminder, that I will always be their little girl. They brought me into this world, and for that I am thankful.
- At least I acknowledge the fact that I need to be more punctual!
- I have a job, I work with great people! And that could be the only reason why I am still working where I am working. At the government, putting up with the bureaucracy, and the backwardness of it all.
- I have so much to look forward to in my life. I am yet to go backpacking.
- My parents actually care.
- I have things to do, and when I cross something off of that to-do list, it feels so good!! SO GOOD!
- I have other ways of communication. A smile, a look, a touch. I am thankful for all my five senses.
- I know my grandfather is watching over me. I know he knows. I know he's smiling now. I know it. And he is proud of me.