Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cairenes on strike!

Egypt- the land of all things beautiful.
Inflation- when everything becomes ugly.
I was at a coffeshop today, my boyfriend and I, and we bought: chicken crepe, 1 cappuccino, 1 tea ; we paid 50 le. Given that this is a luxurious service to many, and that this is no top-notch cafe...
A one pound note is now almost value-less, wages and salaries aren't increasing at a rate that matches that of prices, that's if they increase at all (wages that is). Government officials are on national television denying the fact that prices are increasing, that corruption exists and say that everything is perfectly fine.
So going on strike is the only way!
Go on strike we will.
The 6th of April- The Nation on a General Strike.
I love you Egypt, with all my heart.

No comments: