- Greek Mythology: Any of the nine daughters of Mnemosyne and Zeus, each of whom presided over a different art or science.
- A guiding spirit; a source of inspiration.
- A poet.
Allow me to "muse" on the first meaning for a while, since I find this pretty interesting, let alone inspiring! The nine muses are according to Greek mythology the daughters of Zeus, the king of the Gods and Mnemosyne the goddess of memory. The muses are: (in the picture; Apollo and the 9 muses)
- Calliope; the muse of epic poetry
- Clio; the muse of history
- Erato; muse of love poetry.
- Euterpe; muse of lyrical poetry
- Melpomene; muse of tragedy.
- Polyhymnia; the muse of sacred song and eloquence
- Terpsichore; the muse of choral song and dancing.
- Thalia; muse of comedy.
- Urania; the muse of astronomy.
Now, the second meaning, is what I would want to be my profession! I want to be a muse, is that too much to ask? I imagine it to be a job that would in less inspirational terms be called a "brainstorm-er" or "idea-generator" or something of that sort. But I choose to call it a muse! Remember that movie? Well, something of that sort, only a bit less opportunistic, ha ha. I find it really interesting that while talking to whoever it is about whatever it is, my mind drifts and I come up with all sorts of ideas, and I help them without taking any credit nor any compensation for the time wasted.
I don't mean that in a bad way, I do like helping people out, especially my friends, but then..you know!Tell me what you think!
New Blog finds: